Sunday, June 14, 2009

Garden Tour '09

The Friends of the Forbes Library hosts a garden tour in Northampton every year. It's fabulous and I go every year. This year I was fortunate to have Trevor's company. There are 8 gardens on the tour. We started at about 11AM, about an hour later than I was hoping. For some silly reason I had scheduled a 9AM conference call with other members of the Executive Committee of the National Alliance of New Church Women, of which I am Madame President. Actually, it was the only time that everyone could agree on. Anyway, we got started around 11AM, visited 3 gardens and then had a picnic lunch at the Smith College botanic gardens and then saw the rest of the gardens. It was a beautiful sunny day. I look forward to next year's tour.

Because it was a bright sunny day, I mostly took close-up photos of the plants I liked.


Spirea. We saw lots of it in different gardens on the tour.


A big showy peony.


Lion overlooking the hostas.


Clematis. I want some.


Nice place for a nap.


I love roses. I want more.


These roses are lovely.


These are so lovely that I put this photo on my desktop.


This yellow rose is quite lovely too.


This is gorgeous too. Yes, I have a thing for roses.

No comments: