Friday, June 4, 2010

Down to One

This may be a bit personal but I will proceed with it anyway... I was driving home from a lovely Memorial Day extra long weekend spent in Fryeburg, Maine in a cabin on the Saco River being constantly irritated by my brassiere which was about 2 years old and falling apart. I refrained from taking it off at the White River Junction rest area on 91 South and driving the rest of the way home bra-less but I didn't. However, as soon as I got home I went right to the bedroom and took the darn thing off and tossed it in the trash. And then, to be absolutely certain I wouldn't try to fish it out of the trash, I dumped the little trash basket into the big trash can in the kitchen (who knows what's in there). Luckily, our housemate, Ilai (pronounced Ely), emptied the big trash can within a day or two. Now it's in the dumpster and I'm definitely not going to dumpster diving to retrieve this bra. Why in the world would I even consider this? Because it was one of two comfortable, well-fitting bras that I own. Now I have one. And it's brown. Which really limits my choice of top colors to dark colors. So, if you see me and the top I'm wearing is any of the following colors: dark red, orange, brown, black, dark green, or navy blue you'll know that I still only have one bra. How long will I tolerate this? Who knows...

No comments: