Sunday, March 1, 2009

Half a Day Off is better than None


I spent about 4 hours at the Simmons College GSLIS West office today finishing up the Technology Orientation Requirement that is due tomorrow by midnight. I had to make a web page and a wiki page and submit the URLs to the Tech Lab. Once I was done there I decided it was time for some time off! I came home and Trevor and I went up (that's Yankee speak for "north") to Shelburne Falls for the annual meeting of the other co-op that we're members of, Green Fields Market. One of my classmates from the Reference class was there. He is an employee of GFM so we had a good time commiserating about the class during the meal. It's such a relief to know I'm not the only who feels this way about our instructor.

I spent a little time in the business meeting and once I realized the kids were having more fun I left the business meeting to check out what the kids were doing. Trevor brought toys, books and games to for the kids to play with. There was also a woman with lots of hoola hoops for everyone to play with. What a fun time!

I took pictures, crocheted, talked to people, played with a hoola hoop! I look forward to another day off- Soon!

2 comments:

dad the thief said...

you are starting to sound like a computer geek, be careful.

Nancy Little said...

Oh... it's only just begun! Trust me, I'll sound like even more of a computer geek when I'm done with this.