Sunday, February 22, 2009

Maybe next month I'll get a day off...

I knew I was going to be busy but not this busy! OK, I confess I took a few hours off on Monday afternoon to go to a movie with Trevor. The Academy of Music was showing "Oliver" and it was a sing-a-long with the Young at Heart Chorus. It was really fun. That's a long movie! Tuesday morning I did my taxes and the FAFSA. Boy that was fun! I'm not feeling bad about the movie, but I would like those 3 hours back that I spent on taxes and FAFSA. This week would be good.

In addition to going to school all day on Saturdays, there have been workshops to attend on every Sunday in February (including today) with the exception of Feb 7th. I'm attending today's workshop on search strategies and databases, and the one next Sunday (which is March 1st), since I have to finish the Technology Orientation Requirement by March 2nd and I don't speak HTML.

I'm observing at the reference desk at the W.E.B. DuBois Library at UMass tomorrow afternoon for as long as it takes to get 5 really good reference transactions. That's when a person comes up to the reference desk and asks the librarian a really good question, not just "where's the bathroom?", or "I need to find this book.", or "can I borrow a stapler?" or "the printer's out of paper". A really good one, a juicy one, a question that makes the patron want to bow down and worship the librarian when they're finished.

This week will also include: an assignment for Reference due Saturday (and if it's like the previous 2, it'll take me most of the week to complete). A paper (5-7 pages), which I haven't even started or read the material, due for Evaluation also on Saturday. Volunteering at the Springfield City Library Wednesday afternoon.

Busy busy.

No comments: