Thursday, August 7, 2008

A fine example of poor grammar


On Saturday I walked over to the State Line Store in Conway, NH to get a sandwich for lunch. Camp hadn't officially started yet so I needed to supply my own lunch. There's a Subway sandwich shop in the State Line Store and on the glass "sneeze guard" was the finest example of poor grammar I've seen in a long time.
Trevor and I walked over there today so that he could see it for himself. I stuck my camera in the pocket of my Red Sox hoodie and put the hood up. It was noon and Subway was a bit busy but I did manage to take just one picture. Trevor said the guy behind the counter was looking at me kind of funny when I snapped the picture. Trevor suspects that he was the author of the sign and was wondering why I would want to take a picture of it. Trevor laughed out loud when he read it. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I don't think this is written by someone who speaks English as a first language. But watch out for that (Railing), if you know what I mean.

Nancy Little said...

Actually, the guy behind the counter who was looking at my so strangely when I was taking the picture was definitely a native of NH or Maine and we're convinced that he was the author of the sign.