Saturday, August 30, 2008

Letting my Hippie Flag Fly

Yes, it's true, I have "hippie" tendencies. I like good tie-dye t-shirts. By "good" I mean good colors and designs not the type that you made at day-camp and the colors fade after one washing. I like my Birkenstock "Arizona" style sandals. The ones that are completely broken in and truly comfortable by now. I'll never buy another pair, I'll just have these resoled some day. Some of you know I shave (or don't) like a hippie. I put nutritional yeast (aka "hippie dust") on my whole wheat pasta and like it (almost) better than cheese.

But last week I crossed into new hippie territory... I made granola! It's true! I found a recipe in my Uprisings whole grain baking book (I told you I had hippie tendencies) and made "maple nut granola" and it was sooo good with soymilk, coconut and raisins! YUM!

When was the last time you let your hippie flag fly?

4 comments:

Jim DuBois said...

It must have been way back before I had my current high-powered stock brokering job. I had long hair and was a fruititarian, and lived in a tent in the woods.

Nancy Little said...

Are you the same Jim Dubois who designs computer games and owns many tents?

Emmy said...

That granola sounds awesome minus the raisins. Ick, raisins!

Jim DuBois said...

Yes, I am the same Jim DuBois. (I was lieing in the comment about my stock brokering job)