Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Crochet is Taking Over My Life

You might think from the photos that the Surfer Chick Quick Cap in the Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet is taking over my life, but it's really not. I've got 3 other projects going right now: 2 scarves and a hat. Yes, I've made a total of 4 Surfer Chick Quick Caps. The top one is Plymouth Yarns baby alpaca and its soooo soft.

This Surfer Chick Quick Cap in Artyarns Supermerino color 111.

This one is Ella Rae Palmero. Don't worry, none of these are for me. I'm not saying who they're for in the event the recipient reads my blog. I don't want to spoil any surprises.

Crochet is taking over my life! When I'm not crocheting (which is pretty much most of my waking hours), I'm reading crochet patterns on Ravelry or in books or Interweave Crochet; searching for crochet patterns on-line; photographing and blogging about my finished projects; updating my stash on Ravelry; and buying more yarn at Webs. It's convenient that I live 10 minutes from the largest yarn store in the US. Recently, I was checking the balance in my bank account and was relieved that when I was done paying my bills I could still buy more yarn! My crochet teacher says it's okay to be passionate about your craft. I agree!

I can't crochet in the following situations:
driving a car
cooking
eating
sleeping
in church
in a dark movie theater
bathing
walking

It's safe to crochet:
as a passenger in a car (preferably in daylight hours)
in a chair
watching TV

The sun is shining and it's relatively warm for early December. I'm tempted to continue working on the scarf I started this morning but I'll go out for a walk instead.


No comments: