Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

A few years ago I gave up on sending Christmas cards. I prefer to send store-bought cards to close friends and family, Trevor prefers to send hand-made cards to EVERYONE he knows. I don't know if we'll ever compromise on this so I'm taking a Christmas card hiatus. Although, the other day, when I was in Broadside Bookshop in Northampton, I saw what I thought was the perfect Christmas card for a librarian to send...

Anyway, Trevor always comments on the photo cards we get from friends that feature their children but not the parents. And this Rhymes with Orange strip pretty much sums up his feelings on the subject. If you've been guilty of this just know what I wouldn't actually "clip and send" this to you (Kurt and Shelley....). I do have friends who pose with their children on their cards. Last year, Amanda and Michael posed with their children, Austin and Regan. They're a good-looking family. If I could find the card (I actually do save the photo cards- just not sure where they are) I'd scan it in and post it here. This year, Heather and Peter posed with their son, David. Some parents feel the way my friend Ken does about posing with the kids, "Just the pics of the kids alone.... Do you really want to see me hanging on your mantel for a month?? I didn't think so."

And speaking of cards, I'm always amused by the card that I get from Florence Savings Bank. Why does the bank send me a card? Because I went to them when I had to roll-over my IRA several years ago. This year, they sent a PHOTO CARD!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Ok, Miss Christmas Card Hiatus (which I believe requires radio silence on criticisms of those of us trying to spread cheer), I have to say I'm with your friend Ken on this one. But if Trevor's really offended, here are some suggested remedies for what's ailing him:
1. Come up and visit if you're unclear which children are mine.

2. Better yet, come up and take photos of the whole family for next year's card (we're not in the photo because we're trying - unsuccessfully this year - to get both of them to look at the camera at the same time). Oh, and we're taking the photo because it saves the cost of hiring a photographer or going to a studio.

3. Feel free to request removal from our snail mail list. If you'd prefer electronic cheer, we're up for that.

Just curious, what was Trevor's method when Myrrh and Jason were little? And I believe I could qualify as someone Trevor knows, so, where's my card?

Nancy Little said...

Oh Miss Shelley... we still love you.
We're broke. No cards this year. I lost my job last February, remember?
I'm living off of borrowed money.

Next time I see y'all I'd be happy to take photo of the family. I'm pretty good with a camera.

We appreciate all cards since we don't send any.