Monday, April 27, 2009

When in a Recession...

As I mentioned in my previous post, we're in a recession. (3 posts in one day? It's like feast or famine here. Famine will be returning shortly. Fret not. ) This is the ideal time to apply your Yankee frugality methods. I'm all for using the clothesline. It's my Yankee up-bringing. My mother used the clothesline quite a bit when I was growing up. I say "used" because she doesn't use it nearly as much as she used to. Perhaps it's simply because the amount of laundry has dramatically decreased. Instead of doing laundry for 6, it's laundry for 2.

I got into the habit of using the clothesline more last summer when I was unemployed and I could plan my laundry days around warm, sunny, preferably breezy days. It looks like I can do that this summer too!

This picture is not my laundry though. It's Trevor's. Technically, the place mats, that he neatly hang together, could be considered "mine" since I bought them. He kindly included them in his laundry today and even hung them on the line when I told him I don't put them in the dryer.

It was a perfect hot summer-y day for using the clothesline. I look forward to many more.

No comments: