Friday, April 25, 2008

Ask and you shall receive (it works!)

Just yesterday I was thinking I need more perennials for my gardens. I've spent several hours this week weeding, digging up plants and rearranging the borders. I do this on a regular basis, just ask Trevor. I'll decide that something would look better in a different area and dig it up and then plant it in another spot.

Last fall I had Jason do some rearranging for me because my back was still recovering from falling last May. He moved 2 irises and 3 bleeding hearts to a new bed that I'd been preparing for a few years. Now it's coming up and looking great but the spot where all of these came from is EMPTY! And we can't have that. I was just thinking that what I really need was for someone to want to give me some free plants. I'd even come and dig them up if I needed to. Well, that opportunity has arisen! When we were on a hike with Trevor's cousin, Andrew and his wife, Sarah, and their young son, George, this morning I mentioned to Sarah that I'd been doing a lot of gardening recently. After talking a bit she mentioned that they've been having people come over and dig up plants from their yard that they want to turn to grass. So, in a little bit, I'm grabbing my shovel, gloves and containers and driving to Amherst for free day lilies, iris, etc.

I think I'll try this method on finding the perfect job.

No comments: