Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I must be really bored...

Yes, I must be really bored because on Friday I'm going to drive to Salem, MA and have lunch an old college friend who dropped out when I was a student 10 years ago and is just finishing up. (I'm really proud of her!) I'm staying at my friend Heather's in Beverly Farms on Friday night and (this is the part where I'm really bored) on Saturday morning I'm getting up at the crack of dawn and driving to Salem State College from Beverly (it really only takes 20 minutes) to be there at 6AM and go on a field trip to the CT Valley! Basically, I'm driving there to only drive back here the next morning but I'll make good use of my visit to Salem State College and catch up with my old profs. This is a field trip that I never had the opportunity to go on in 1996 when I was a student at SSC studying geology and taking Sedimentation & Stratigraphy (we shortened it to "Sed & Strat"), because we simply never went. We had a great field trip to Plum Island but no CT Valley field trip. There's some really cool rocks here in the CT Valley. I'm really excited! (I'm such a geek, did you know that about me?)

No comments: