Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Ten Year Gardening Project










I started working on the borders at this house in the summer of 1998, even before Trevor and I got married. They were in desperate need of attention. I wish I had some "before" photos but you'll have to trust me on this one.
Over the years, I've moved plants around and just when I think I've got it the way I want it someone offers me more plants or I buy more plants or I just make a new bed, which then needs to be filled in.
It's looking pretty good and with the addition of the 5 tubs of day lilies I got from Sarah & Andrew (still need more), I might, maybe, possibly be finished? How can that be???

From top to bottom: lilies of the valley; hosta, daffodils, and violets at the bottom of the ancient lilac; the pink and purple garden of iris, violets and flox; spider wort around the sign post; the new bed which contains: iris (2 varieties) and 3 different bleeding hearts, false indigo, evening primrose, daisies, bee balm and a rock cairn that I built; before and after pictures of the day lilies bed; and the corner bed that I started with 10 years ago and contains, daffodils, red Asiatic lilies, a pink rose bush, a yellow rose bush, purple iris, yellow moonbeam, a few other things (I can't remember what they are) and lots and lots of violets.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Looks fantastic! I can't wait to see photos once things are blooming. Everything is just starting to flower here, and I'm really enjoying the fruits of my work in the fall. I'll have to post photos on my blog too!

Love,

Rose