Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween in the NEK

Motivated by the image of Chloe dressed as a Strawberry Fairy for Halloween, I made it a Top Priority to be in the Northeast Kingdom for Halloween. Being home for under 24 hours after 3 days in the Boston area (cleaning a grimy house - but that's another story for another day) did not deter me from packing my cold-weather gear and heading north for a few days. Their were rumors of SNOW on the ground but not even that was going to stop me from seeing the Strawberry Fairy! The creepy house (above) is in Island Pond.

Wendy's pumpkin arrangement.

Chloe, the strawberry fairy (left); Reeve, the firehouse dog (middle); and her big brother, Ian the firefighter (right). Reeve and Ian live in Island Pond not far from the creepy house. Trevor and I didn't stick around to go door-to-door with them. I just wanted to see the kids in their costumes.


Chloe's house. It's too rural here to get any trick-or-treaters so they travel to Island Pond.

The Strawberry Fairy waiting to leave for Halloween in Island Pond.


Special effects courtesy of my camera that needs to be fixed.

Strawberry fairies move so fast you sometimes have a hard time taking a photo of them. I just barely caught this one in the viewfinder. She was moving very fast.

After we left the trick-or-treaters in Island Pond, Trevor and I went to Pete's and hung out with him until the party came to him. We enjoyed pizza and beer with Wendy, Jon, Chloe (no beer for her), Luke, Kerry, Riley (too young), Mom (she had a soda) and Dad (he had many beers).

No comments: