Monday, November 17, 2008

Making Progress (in some departments)

Wow! I've really been making a lot of progress lately! Since Sunday the 9th I've made:
4 hats
1 scarf
1 pair of fingerless gloves

I've started on a small pink hat made of 100% merino wool and discovered that I need more yarn!

Oh no!

Horrors!

I HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE YARN STORE!

If my camera were back I'd have already taken pictures and posted a picture with this post. Y'all just have to wait.

Right now I'm wearing today's creation - Surfer Chick Quick Cap from my new crochet book - The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet. I crocheted it from some really cool hand-dyed, variegated yarn I bought several years ago at the Sheep and Wool Festival in Cummington. The yarn is from my ancestral home of Dorchester, MA. That's right! There are enough sheep in Dorchester for someone to make yarn. It might even only take one or two. I have no idea. Any way, once my camera is back from the hospital, I'll take some photos and post them.

A brief update of my job search:
It sucks.

The good news is I have a job interview tomorrow afternoon for a "little job", as my mother would say, at Barnes and Noble in Hadley for the holiday season. I'll keep you posted. It almost sounds like I already have the job, judging from my phone conversation but I won't get all excited about working in retail again until I'm actually there.

Just imagine! Now I can blog about my "stupid customer" stories!

I've also made very small progress toward getting a position in a library. Possibly at the Springfield City library as a volunteer and this is extremely tentative and I really shouldn't even mention it here because Mom will think it's a definite. But it's not.

I had a very productive phone conference on Saturday with other members of the Alliance of New Church Women in North America Executive Committee, of which I am Madame President. The only weird thing about phone conferences is the disembodied voices, that's all. Otherwise, it's a great way to have a meeting with people from other parts of the country.

No comments: