Thursday, June 5, 2008

Feeling Loved

I stopped by Northampton High School today, known locally at "Hamp High", where I worked for 4 years, to drop off a recommendation form for my former colleague, Donna Canuel-Browne, to complete as part of my application to Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Science. I didn't actually get to see Donna, it was was the end of the school day, although Mary (one of the office secretaries) tried to track her down. While I was waiting in the office for a few minutes I got to catch up with the office staff and Jimmy Miller, former chemistry teacher and currently athletics director.
It was great to see everyone and feel, as my title implies, loved by a group of people that I've lost touch with simply because I have no reason to see them on a regular basis. I left there feeling really good and appreciated, even though it was 5 years ago that I left that job.

No comments: