Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Losing my cool, Part 2

I was quite miffed, to put it mildly, today when I went to UMass to apply for the library assistant job that was advertised on their website, and was told that I couldn't apply for it because it was only open to employees of the University. I'm not even sure I want to work for such a huge bureaucracy anyway but that's another story.

When the guy in the employment office asked if I wanted to fill out an application anyway, I tried very hard to restrain my sarcasm when I replied, "Well, I'm here."

So I filled out the silly application and attached the resume and cover letter that I spent ALL of yesterday afternoon working on and then went directly to TJ Maxx and bought some dumb junk I don't need just to help me feel better - don't worry - I only spent $16.99.

Then I proceeded to Trader Joe's and Whole Foods and bought stuff that we actually need so it wasn't a complete waste of time or money. When I was done there I went to Big Y and bought a bottle of Stoli to keep in my freezer for days like Tuesday when nothing was right and everything was wrong.

No comments: