Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Losing my cool

I spent most of the afternoon having a major meltdown and fighting with my printer while attempting to print out my resume to bring to UMass tomorrow to apply for a library assistant position. And just to push me over the edge even further, my (free) word processing application (NeoOffice) was giving me trouble and kept changing the bullets in my resume to some other symbol (lambdas?) to the point where I just gave up entirely, had a screaming, crying complete meltdown. After I calmed down a bit (the deadline to apply is tomorrow so I don't have the option of just giving up for the day and going to a movie - I'd like to see SATC but it'll have to wait), I started from scratch and rewrote my resume. Since my resume only covers my work experience of the past 10 years, I had to write a cover letter to go with the resume that would also talk about my relevant work experience as a library assistant at the Education Resource Library at my alma mater, Salem State College. All this for a job that'll probably pay less than my last job.

Ahh... let the torture begin... This is why I'll never be a writer...

And why do "they" say it's good to apply for these jobs "just for the experience"? I find the experience to be extremely PAINFUL! All around, a pretty lousy experience.

I'm taking a page from my cousin Becca's book when she was unemployed a few years ago and starting cocktail hour early today!

No comments: