Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Raw Milk Day in Hardwick, MA


On Saturday Trevor worked at the Robinson Farm in Hardwick, MA for their Open Barn, as part of Hardwick's Raw Milk Day. In case you're wondering, in Massachusetts raw milk can be sold at the dairy but not in stores. Many people are learning of the health benefits of raw milk vs pastuerized, homogenized milk that you can buy in store. Anyway, the Robinsons live "across the street" from our friends, Eric and Lucinda who host the East Hardwick Annual Spring Jamboree AKA May Day that we attend the first weekend of May every year, rain or shine (hopefully shine, in my case). It turns out that they actually live down the street and around the corner. But in rural central MA we learned that if your cow pasture is across the street then that still counts as "across the street".

These photos aren't in the order I'd like them to be but you'll just have to put up with it. I haven't yet figured out how to upload additional photos and have them where I want them. I think I'm learning that it's the opposite of what I want it to be...

Freshly picked corn in the shop.

A gorgeous copper beech tree on their property.

Trevor goofing around with the locals.

John Deere tractors will always remind me of the "Tractor Tipping" short in the extras of the movie Cars from now on... If you haven't seen it I highly recommend the movie and make sure you watch all the extras!

COWS!

The cute little shop on the Robinson farm where you can buy raw milk, goat cheese, organic eggs and veggies.


LOVELY!

No comments: