Saturday, September 6, 2008

A trip to the beach!

Yesterday, Trevor and I went to my new favorite beach, Rocky Neck Beach State Park in East Lyme, CT. It takes about an hour and a half to get there from our house. It's mostly highway so it's pretty easy. The beach has superfine sand and is shallow at low tide for quite a ways and so the water temperature can be quite nice. (above picture is not mine, I "borrowed" it.)


When we got there Trevor went immediately into the water. It was almost warm! I followed him and sat in the warm salt water letting it soak into every pore of my body! I LOVE SALT WATER! I was in the water for maybe 10 minutes when I turned around and saw something small swimming towards me. It was a baby turtle! So I quickly got out of the water and ran and got my camera!

Size comparison. Trevor's hand vs. baby turtle.

The baby turtle worked very hard to get to shore.

Made it to the beach!

The baby turtle rested on the beach for a few minutes and then hitched a ride on some waves back to the water!

No comments: