Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Day 2 of the Mini Vacation


Trevor & I did a little gardening project for Wendy. First Trevor finished the rock border around this garden and then weeded it. Then I dug up and moved a bunch of irises from another place on their property and planted them in this spot. I also built a small rock cairn. I think building rock cairns is becoming my "signature" on a garden.


This is the final product. The small rock cairn is on the old tree stump to the right of the bird house. But with one small child at their house and others that visit, I doubt it'll stay there long.


Miss Chloe on the counter at her house. The stairs are at the just the right for a 2-year old to get on the counter. I was tempted to say "Chloe, get down." But she's a child, not a cat.


Elijah likes to go on walks with the people.


A trip to Vermont is incomplete without a close-up of cows.


Elijah looking very serious.

We went to my sister Wendy's in Brownington, VT on Monday to spend a little more time with her and Chloe. Jon was at work, since it was a weekday. After lunch we walked down the driveway and had a closer look at the cows that had just recently arrived at the farm across the street. Higgins (the dog) got too close to the electric fence and got zapped. He spent a good ten minutes after that shaking. We think he won't be getting close to the electric fence any time in the near future.

No comments: