Wednesday, May 28, 2008

May Flowers

I came home on Monday, Memorial Day, after being away since last Wednesday to see that the Siberian iris was in full bloom!

And this magnificent bearded iris is also blooming! There are even more blooms today, as I'm sure you can imagine.

This is the new garden in (almost) full bloom. I must congratulate myself for carefully planning this one. I've learned a lot over the past 10 years of gardening here. In the foreground are daisies, then morning glories will grow up around the trellis I made, behind the morning glories is a false indigo which is also in bloom, then bleeding heart (still blooming) the huge bearded iris and way in the back is evening primrose and 2 more small bleeding heart plants (one white and one fringed). The evening primrose will bloom in a few weeks and look good for most of the summer, I believe.

More photos as more blooming occurs...

1 comment:

Rose said...

ooo! Pretty. None of my irises have begun to bloom, although some of the neighbors have earlier blooming ones that are out now. I just put together a bunch of hanging baskets, and added cilantro to my herb garden. I love playing in the dirt!

-Rose