Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Good Old FNCA

I first attended the Fryeburg New Church Assembly in Fryeburg, Maine in 1980 as a teen. I was initiated into the Fryeburg Flames (the teens) that summer and went every August until 1985 or so... Then I took 13 year hiatus and returned in August of 1998 when Trevor & I were dating. He proposed to me at the summit of Jockey Cap in Fryeburg that summer and I've been going every August for 2 weeks ever since!

I simply love being there. It's a beautiful spot - 20+ acres along the clear, cool Saco River. For me, it's a little slice of Heaven I get to experience every summer.

I was there this Memorial Day weekend for the annual Work Weekend. We had a group of about 20 people there and got lots of projects done. Everything from cutting down dead trees, to installing shower stalls in one of the cabins, and building trusses for the roofs of cabins to give them more support so they can handle the weight of the snow during those long Maine winters. (glad I don't live there!)

Looking forward to this August! Counting the days...

No comments: