Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Personal Favorite



My personal favorite. I took this many, many years ago on Vinalhaven, Maine, an island off the coast of Rockland, Maine. I love the way the light is hitting the cottage and apparently I 'm really good at "negative space" (whatever that means... I'm sure I'll learn.). I think I'm lucky! I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Trevor doesn't believe in coincidence and neither do I, honestly. I'm pretty sure that as the sun is setting it hits this cottage every single sunny day there is. I just happened to be there and capture it and the green grass. I'd buy this cottage in a heartbeat if this was the way it was portrayed...

2 comments:

Emmy said...

That's really beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I've always loved this picture. It takes me to a warm, tranquil place. If I listen too closely though I can hear the hum of mosquitoes! That's the beauty of a picture. amy