Monday, March 17, 2008

Well, it's official. I have too much time on my hands.


Yes, the time has arrived. I've been happily unemployed for a little over a month now and am showing absolutely no signs of being bored or finding suitable employment. I've begun this blog and so therefore I must have too much time on my hands.
I've spent many hours in the past few weeks sorting through my photos and putting together a portfolio of my work to bring to the Hallmark Institute of Photography in Turners Falls, MA. I have an appointment on Wednesday of this week for a tour, critique of my work and admissions interview. If all goes well, I will apply, be accepted, fork over thousands of dollars and start in September. It's a ten-month program and they teach you everything you need to know about the photo business. It's pretty impressive. Wish I'd done this 20 years ago.
I've enjoyed going through my photos and scanning them into this little iBook that I love so much. Thanks to my brother-in-law for PhotoShop Elements. I've been having a blast experimenting.
Today Trevor & I took a drive to Chester, MA where there's still plenty of snow on the ground and hiked into Sanderson Brook Waterfall. It was about a half-hour hike in and we found a rock in the sunshine to sit and eat our lunch. The waterfall was pretty impressive but even Trevor thought the trail down was too treacherous. I was relieved. We'll go back when the snow has melted. Maybe May? Silly us, thought since we don't have much snow here in the Valley, that the Berkshires musn't have much snow either, right? We were very wrong about that.
My next impossible goal for between now and September is to visit every single property of the Trustees of Reservations that I haven't already been to. Maybe I'll just start with this region and see how it goes.

No comments: