Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cruising around Northampton

I had to get out of the house today. It's that way when you have limited income from your "short-term contract with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts" (aka unemployment). I decided to drive to downtown Northampton (10 minutes from my house) and do some errands. Along the way I came across a few things that amused me. Maybe I just need to get out of the house more often but none-the-less I'm easily amused and admit it. It probably wouldn't matter much if I had a job to go to every day. I'm sure the following things would still amuse me (or annoy but mostly amuse).
  1. Driving down King Street towards downtown there was a sign that said "left lane closed" so I pulled over to the right and quickly discovered that the right lane was also closed and that traffic was being directed towards the opposite lane. Just wondering if they don't know their left from their right or if the sign had somehow got switched. This would fall under annoyed and then amused.
  2. A Mini Cooper with a vanity plate "Goliath".
  3. A pierced dude on a scooter who I spied in my rear view mirror while I was on my way to the Forbes Library wearing a stick-on name tag that said "Ninja".
I love Northampton!

No comments: