Monday, July 28, 2008

Packing for camp

I started packing for camp today. Even though I've been going to camp for 2 weeks in August for 10 years now, I still have a hard time imagining that I'm going to need to pack socks and shoes, long sleeve shirts and pants. Usually when I'm packing to go to Fryeburg, Maine (western Maine - on the New Hampshire border, in the White Mountains), it's in the 90s here and I'm wearing shorts and a tank top!

In my heaven the temperature will fluctuate between 75 and 85 during the day and go as low as 60 at night. 55 is okay but never lower than that. I can even tolerate 90 during the day.
I'll never need:
long underwear
wool sweaters
flannel-lined jeans
winter boots
down jacket
long down coat
warm hats
turtlenecks
gloves
mittens
earmuffs

And that is why I LOVE summer! I can get dressed in the morning and that it's for the day! No changing clothes because the temperature went up/down dramatically.

I usually pack my winter boots away for the season but didn't this year. They're still on display in the cubby room underneath the winter jackets. I look at them and wonder "why in the world would I ever need those?"

No comments: